1. Hardware requirements
2. Software requirements
- A GSM/GPRS device, either a mobile phone or a modem,
is required. Common mobile phones such as
Sony-Ericsson, Nokia S40(non-smartphone) phones are
recommended. GSM/GPRS modems such as Wavecom,
Siemens, Motorola and Sony-Ericsson, among which
Siemens and Wavecom modems are recommended. A 3G
WCDMA/CDMA2000/TD-SCDMA USB HSPA device is also a
- A valid SIM card is required.
- A serial/USB data cable matching the GSM device is
required. The Bluetooth communication is
available in case your mobile phone has Bluetooth
support inside. A Bluetooth adaptor is required to
connect to your mobile phone. The infrared
communication is available in case your mobile
phone has an infrared port. However, if the
computer does not have an infrared port, an USB
infrared adaptor is required to connect to your
- Pentium 1.0GHz
- 512MB memory
- 100MB free disk space
- At least one free serial/infrared/USB port.
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 or above.
- Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP,
Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7
and Windows server 2008 32bits or 64 bits.
- The SMS component is a .NET Component and it can be
imported into any programming environment which
supports .NET component (e.g. Visual Basic .NET,
Visual C++ .NET, Visual C# .NET, ASP.NET, etc...).